Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Stroll Around Vermilion

Before it got too hot today,  I strolled through Vermilion in order to get my steps in on my Fitbit. I actually achieved just over 8,000 steps. Here are some photos I snapped along my way. Well, mostly views from the bridge. 

We have volunteers who water all of the flowers and plants around town. Aren't they beautiful along the bridge?


Looking south on the Vermilion River, you can see some of the marinas that dot the riverbank.


I just love the shadow of the bridge as I look north. The rooftop in the distance to the right is Quaker Steak and Lube. The restaurant boasts a nice patio where people can dine while looking out at the boats traveling up and down the river. Boaters can dock at the restaurant.


With all of the sailboats in a row, it looks like a coastal town that you might find in Main. Some visitors have even said that Vermilion reminds them of Cape Cod.


Vermilion also has paddle boards and kayaks for rent if you're up for an adventure on the river or even the lake.


 I walked from the bridge down River Road to the Vermilion High School. My son Michael plays the bass drum in the marching band. This week the kids are attending band camp. The kids looked hot and shortly after I arrived received a welcome water break and some shade.


Walking is such good exercise. Do you ever have a difficult time getting started? I do. But once I get going and look at everything around me, I really do enjoy it.

Hugs,

HopeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment