Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Eat to Live not Live to Eat Day 2

Day number two of my eating to live lifestyle. I lost 2.5 pounds! Overnight! YEAH! I had to get that off my chest. So today I decided to try something new for breakfast that I found on Pinterest. It's called overnight oats. Here's what they look like. (I borrowed this photo from Pinterest and I added the link just under the picture. The blog is called Organize Yourself Skinny.)


Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats

According to Dr. Fuhrman, I can have 1/2 a cup of rolled oats a day so this follows the plan. I changed mine up a bit though. All I did was add 1/2 a cup of rolled oats, 1/2 a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 a cup of blueberries, and 1/2 a sliced banana. That's it! I sealed it up and placed it in the fridge. I actually didn't wait overnight. I only waited about two hours. They were really good. If you count smart points on Weight Watchers it added up to 5 points for the oats. The rest were zero. I don't think that's too bad for a breakfast. And it stuck with me. I actually had to remind myself to eat later. Tonight I'm going to make one for my breakfast tomorrow and see if there's a difference.

Tuesdays are my hubby's day off and it was extremely HOT both outside and inside the house. We really need to think about air conditioning. Anyway, we decided to head to the beach. Just the two of us, our chairs, towels, sunscreen, and suits. Notice I didn't say food. I was still feeling satisfied from my overnight oats and didn't think to take anything with me. Later that afternoon I realized I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. We stopped to get bottled water for the drive home and hubby grabbed me a Kind Nuts & Spices bar.  If you haven't tried these they are amazing. However, they are 7 Weight Watchers points. I decided that would be my lunch. No salad. 

For dinner that night hubby wanted to go to Panera. I ordered a Pick Two: a cup of black bean soup (there's my beans for the day) and a southwest salad without the tortilla chips or cheese. I did have the salad dressing though. Ooops! I haven't been getting in my cup of beans a day.

At home, we watched some TV and I was still hot so I made a blueberry and banana smoothie. YUM! It's 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 banana. Weight Watchers points 1. I need to get more variety in my fruit. 

I didn't really stick to the plan today. I only had the one salad and no cooked vegies. I wonder how that's going to affect me tomorrow. I guess I'll find out. Oddly enough what I did eat was enough to keep me satisfied for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment