Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Midweek Confessions

I'm linking up with Elizabeth for her midweek confessions on her blog E, Myself, and I.

As a mother and a teacher I can't get ANY grading done at home, so I stay after school sometimes for two to three hours depending on how big the pile of papers has grown on my desk. Yesterday I caught up with my grading early, but stayed in my classroom anyway and wrote a blog post while my husband and son patiently waited for me to come home for dinner.

My back was killing me at school today. Not sure why. Maybe it's the flip flops I've been wearing. Anyway during my planning time I laid on the floor in my classroom to stretch my back. While I laid there on the cool floor in front of my fan (it was extremely hot in my room today) I closed my eyes just for a minute. I forgot to close the door. Little did I know that students kept walking past my door peaking in at me. Finally one of my freshmen girls came in and asked if I was dead. 

I'm a carbohydrate junkie. My husband fixed spaghetti tonight for supper. Being the good girl I only took one helping. But, as I sit here in my back yard writing my confessions the pan of spaghetti sitting in my fridge is calling my name. I'll even eat it cold. 

5 comments:

  1. confession : I love cold food, even pasta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. ;0)

      Delete
  2. Oh I can SO relate to that first confessions. That is totally me!!! :) So glad you linked up today! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HopeAnn!!!!! We miss you and your momma terribly!! So happy you popped onto the blog so we could come for a visit :) Laughing...your students probably thought you had totally lost it ~ sooooo THAT is what happens to teachers at the end of the school year?!!
    Was just thinking of you the other day, I was having some tea and was using that lovely lemon tea bag you gave us....LOVE that!!
    Hope to see you soon!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Girls!!!! It's so good to hear from you. I finally found some time to get back to my blogging. I've been following and reading other blogs just not spending the time on my own. Yeah. I'm so ready for summer to begin. I absolutely love my kiddos this year, but I'm ready for some time off. I miss you too! Mom hasn't been doing to well and we haven't been able to get together to come see you. Hopefully we can make time soon. Glad you're lovin the lemon tea bag. I use mine all the time too. Although I'm running our of your delicious tea. Take care and hopefully I get over to see you soon!

      Delete