Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Musings


Monday Musings is not my idea. I borrowed it from another blogger. Her blog is called Stop and Smell the Chocolates. I really want to try to write more often so I thought this might help me out, especially on those frantic Mondays.

What I'm thinking: That today was the last Monday before school's out for Summer!

What I'm reading: Reading Blogger Behave: Make your blog benefit your life, so you can love both by Laura Booz. 

What I'm listening to: The whirring of my window fan. It went from winter to summer here in Ohio. It's hot in this house.

What we're learning:  I learned that sometimes I have to give more than one second chance. 

What I'm watching: I'm watching a ton of documentaries lately. We have apple TV and I never realized how many movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc are out there. Free! I'm also watching "Boy in the Striped Pajamas" with my freshmen. We read Night by Elie Wiesel which we loved. Sadly there isn't a movie. Although we did watch the Oprah interview with Elie at Auschwitz. I can't believe he was able to go back there. I don't think I could do it. Anyway we're watching "Boy in the Striped Pajamas." It gives my kiddos a different perspective about the Holocaust since it's about a little boy whose father is a Nazi officer in charge of one of the concentration camps. If your interested have tissues handy.

What's cooking: Matt fixed Boca burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo along with tater tots. YUM! I can't wait for fresh veges for our "burgers".

What I'm buying:  We spent a ton of money this weekend on our yard. We bought boards to make our garden boxes (more on that later), paint for the goose and the fountain, a trellis for the climbing rose bush, bird seed, a new pole system for the bird feeder since ours bent, and flexible tube like things for the downspouts.

What I'm thankful for: I'm thankful for my friend Danielle who is so encouraging, creative, and always has my back. 

What I'm creating: A final exam to give to my adorable freshmen.

What I'm planning: I'm planning on writing in my blog more often. 

What we did this last weekend: Running around the stores for all the stuff we purchased and working in the yard to build the garden boxes, paint the fountain and goose, weed the flower beds, and sit quietly sipping iced tea and watching the birds.

What I'm looking forward to: Summer. I love my students. They've been such a wonderful bunch of kids this year. But I'm ready for a break before I begin planning for next year. I never seem to teach the same thing in the same way from year to year. I'm always changing to find what works best with the kiddos I have for that particular year. I'm looking forward to lazy days on the beach with a good book, weeding in my garden, riding our bikes, and riding the rides at Cedar Point.

A picture to share: 

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment